The FCC has released their final Report and Order increasing the Amateur Radio License fee to $35 from the current $15 fee (see pages 11-16 for the relevant info). This will apply to all new license applications, as well as renewals, vanity call requests, etc. This will NOT take effect immediately, but will take effect after it is published in the Federal Register and the FCC has put in place the administrative structure for the licensing. So if you’re thinking of getting your first ham ticket or upgrading, NOW is the time before the fee increase takes effect. Interestingly, this same rulemaking REDUCES the current GMRS License fee from $70 to $35, so once this becomes effective it may be a good time to add a GMRS license to your shack.
- Freeze Watch issued April 20 at 7:01AM EDT until April 22 at 10:00AM EDT by NWS April 20, 2021...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING... * WHAT...Sub-freezing temperatures in the upper 20s and low 30s. * WHERE...Portions of southwest and western Pennsylvania, east central Ohio and northern and the northern panhandle of West Virginia.
- Partly Cloudy and 63 F at Latrobe / Westmoreland, PAWinds are from the Southwest at 13.8 gusting to 25.3 MPH (12 gusting to 22 KT). The humidity is 45%. The wind chill is 61. Last Updated on Apr 20 2021, 1:47 pm EDT.
- WPA Section News – 05 Sep 20 September 5, 2020
- Special Hamfest Update July 24, 2020
- Western Pennsylvania Section News — 24 June 2020 June 25, 2020
- Temporary Rule Waivers Announced for 2020 ARRL Field Day May 30, 2020
- Watch for Tower Site Vandalism May 6, 2020
- Radio Amateur Helps Rescuers to Locate Lost Hiker April 19, 2021
- National Hurricane Conference Set for June 14 – 17 April 19, 2021
- 2021 Contest University Announces Speaker Line-Up April 19, 2021
- The K7RA Solar Update April 16, 2021
- Archive of Marconi Papers and Correspondence Acquired by California Museum April 15, 2021