The FCC has released their final Report and Order increasing the Amateur Radio License fee to $35 from the current $15 fee (see pages 11-16 for the relevant info). This will apply to all new license applications, as well as renewals, vanity call requests, etc. This will NOT take effect immediately, but will take effect after it is published in the Federal Register and the FCC has put in place the administrative structure for the licensing. So if you’re thinking of getting your first ham ticket or upgrading, NOW is the time before the fee increase takes effect. Interestingly, this same rulemaking REDUCES the current GMRS License fee from $70 to $35, so once this becomes effective it may be a good time to add a GMRS license to your shack.
- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 20 at 3:01AM EST until January 20 at 1:00PM EST by NWS January 20, 2021...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON... * WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches. Wind gusts to 40 mph. * WHERE...Portions of southwest Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia.
- Overcast and 27 F at Latrobe / Westmoreland, PAWinds are from the West at 15.0 gusting to 26.5 MPH (13 gusting to 23 KT). The humidity is 69%. The wind chill is 15. Last Updated on Jan 20 2021, 11:47 am EST.
- WPA Section News – 05 Sep 20 September 5, 2020
- Special Hamfest Update July 24, 2020
- Western Pennsylvania Section News — 24 June 2020 June 25, 2020
- Temporary Rule Waivers Announced for 2020 ARRL Field Day May 30, 2020
- Watch for Tower Site Vandalism May 6, 2020
- Contest University to Host Propagation Summit on January 23 January 20, 2021
- HamSCI Issues Call for Abstracts for March Virtual Workshop January 18, 2021
- HamCation QSO Party Set January 18, 2021
- ARRL on the Purpose of Amateur Radio January 17, 2021
- FCC Issues Enforcement Advisory: Radio Users Reminded Not to Use Radios in Crimes January 17, 2021
- 2nd-largest per-capita group of amateur radio operators in the world call Eastern Iowa home January 20, 2021
- ATU or HF Amp with ATU that is fully remote controlled January 20, 2021
- I think I wrote down a callsign wrong, and was wondering if someone can help me find the right one January 20, 2021
- Icom 5100 and RT Systems January 20, 2021
- Any knowledgeable people with TYT UV-88's on here? January 20, 2021